East Wall Youth is a community-based voluntary non-profit organisation. It was established in 2000 by a group of local adults in association with the City of Dublin Youth Services Board (CDYSB) to meet a need within the community for a range of services for young people. It is funded through the Young People’s Facilities and Services Fund via the CDYSB. It is managed by a voluntary management committee of dedicated local people who give their time freely. Two full-time youth workers are employed to run the project and their work is generously supported by a group of volunteers, without whose help, the high numbers of young people could not be catered for.
We adhere to the current guidelines on best practice within the youth work sector and are committed to up-skilling our workers through specific training whenever possible. All our workers are fully Garda-vetted and have undergone a Child Protection training programme.
We are committed to generating new initiatives in youth work as needs and opportunities arise.
Aims and Objectives:
• To equip young people in the area to play an active role in the community and in society, by encouraging and supporting their educational and personal development
• To provide vocational guidance and support
• To provide a focal point for young people in the community, where their opinions can be heard and their interests and needs identified and met in a non-threatening environment
• To provide a safe space for young people to socialise with their peers
• To be proactive in setting up activities that will engage young people by channelling their interests and energies in a positive direction and serve as an alternative to them using drugs or hanging around the streets
• To provide the most comprehensive youth service possible by maximising our resources
Board of Management:
Marie O’Reilly (Chairperson)
Carmel Cosgrave (Staff Liaison Officer)
Katrina Gaskin (Company Secretary)
Alice Maguire (Director)
Patricia Seery (Treasurer)
Erica Cosgrave (Board Member)
Kayleigh Conway (Board Member)
Mary Ann Peters