Drop-in Clubs for various age groups are open to all from East Wall and are held in St. Mary’s Youth Club.
Club facilities include football, music, dance, snooker, pool, table tennis, table football, play stations, karaoke, arts and crafts, cooking, baking, sewing, pottery, photography, video, movie-making etc.
We have a small Youth Library and facilitate homework completion and plan to incorporate internet learning into the future.
Throughout the year we offer specific developmental programmes such as age appropriate drug and alcohol education, healthy living, team-building, junior leadership etc.
In association with the National College of Ireland, we offer a Grinds programme to Junior Cert and Leaving Cert students in Maths and English
Coder Dojo is a worldwide movement of free, volunteer-led, community-based programming clubs for young people, where they can learn to code, build a website, create an app or a game, and explore technology in an informal, creative, and social environment.
Highlights of the year include:-
• East Wall Halloween Festival with an intensive workshop programme from late September through October in the lead up to our final Parade through the locality on Halloween night
• Discos throughout the year
• Mid-term breaks have special activities organised
• Arts and Craft workshops
• Sports Tournaments
• Intergenerational Snooker and Darts competitions
• Occasional outings and trips away
• Our Summer Project is a fun-packed month each July and is open to children of all ages and their families from East Wall
Behind the scenes, we work with many young people in small groups and individually to meet specific needs, for example, helping people manage issues as they arise in their lives, responding to crises, advocacy, research, vocational supports, grant applications, CV preparation, interview techniques, junior leadership development, skills development etc.
One to one work is on-going in many cases.
Activities and upcoming events throughout the year will be advertised locally and on our website.